Cement is a binder used in construction that binds other materials together. It is an elementary component of concrete, mortar and grout. It is most frequently used in the concrete manufacture
- One-store home is naturally 800-1000 sq. ft
- Construction cost ranges from Rs. 350-450/sq. ft.
- Cement price equals almost 8-17% of total construction cost
What is concrete?
Concrete is a complex material comprising of aggregate (gravel & sand), cement, and water. In terms of construction material, concrete can be mould in almost any desired shape, and once toughened, can become an operational (load bearing) element. Cement may be grey or white.
Types of Cements: –
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
- Portland Slag Cement (PSC)
- White cement
Grades of cement: –
OPC stands for Ordinary Portland Cement and is graded as per their strength. The grade specifies the compression forte (mpa) of the concrete that will achieve after 28 days of setting.
It is formed by crushing clinker with appropriate quantity of gypsum to desired distinction. From time to time certain performance enhancers are further to progress features of concrete made from it.
• Produces extremely robust and sound concrete because of low proportion of alkalis, chlorides, magnesia and lime in its configuration.
• Nearly insignificant chloride content results in limiting corrosion of concrete edifice in intimidating atmospheres.
Buildzar dealers for OPC 43/53- get best price at Builzar
Portland Pozzolona Cement (PPC)
PPC is manufactured by inter-grinding well-burnt OPC Clinker with gypsum and pozzolanic materials like power-station fly ash or silicious earths
• Higher durability of concrete structure due to less absorptivity of water.
• Extra resistance towards the attack of alkalies, sulphates, chlorides, chemicals.
• Healthier work ability.
• Low heat of hydration.
Buildzar dealers for PPC- get best price at Builzar
Uses and applications: –
53 grade OPC cement is used in areas where initial strength such as in RCC and pre stressed concrete work.43 Grade OPC cement commonly used in plastering, Non-RCC structures, pathways etc where initial setting time is not of importance
Birla Cement, Ultra tech Cement, ACC Cement, Zuari Cement, Coramandel Cement, Ramco Cement, Dalmia Cement
Cement price :-
|CEMENT TYPE||BRAND||PRICE(in RS)||UNIT|
|OPC 43||JK Lakshmi||355||50 kg|
|White cement||JK white||27||1kg|